Post 4: My favorite TV show

 

I´ve never been a big fan of watching TV shows, but I remember there was a time of my life when I was obsessed with a TV show called “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo”. It´s a Korean TV show and I started watching the show because my friend recommended it to me. When I watched the first episode I fell in love with the plot and with the characters as well. The storyline is about a weightlifter called Kim Bok Joo, she is chasing her dream in order to become a recognized weightlifter and win a gold medal, but on her journey, she found love.

The characters are so funny and have a very authentic personality, which I personally loved from the beginning. There are two main characters: Kim Bok Joo and Jung Joon, their relationship started by accident and since then they started to bother each other. I love their story because it´s one of my favorite topics to watch: “Enemies to lovers”, and because I really enjoyed the way their relationship began to change until they became friends and finally a couple. It was funny how they had to accept their feeling for each other. Another thing that I liked about the characters was the fact that they had an own backstory, so everyone, including their friends had their own development.

So, by far I think my favorite episode is number twelve. That episode is so special to me because since the first episode I was waiting for them to start dating, so it was so exciting when that happened. Also, she realized how important it is to stop in order to take care of your mental health despite all the goals you may have.

If I´m honest I know this is a typically love story, but if you watch it, you will see that there are so many things that make this story different and that´s why I like watching it. Starting with the main relationship that breaks the stereotype of the “weak woman and the strong man”. Also, I love the fact that the characters are able to talk about their struggles without being judged, and how their mental health is such an important thing on the show. And finally, I love watching the show because besides the love story you can notice how important it is friendship and how they are always  able to help each other.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

POST 8: English Language Challenges

A person I would like to meet

POST 5: My future job