POST 7: Changes to my Study Program

 The first thing I noticed when I decided to study journalism was the curriculum. At first, I was so indecisive about which collage I wanted to choose, and the main reason was because the study program, that´s why it took me so long to figure it out, in fact, I asked my mom for help multiple times, but her answer was always the same: “it´s your choice” and that frustrated me even more.

After seeing so many study programs from different collages I decided one. I wanted to study journalism from the social perspective and the curriculum that allowed me to do that was from this university. However, when I see the study program, I think it could improve, as for example, I would like that students have the opportunity to improve their English skills along all the career and put it into practice, because I consider that knowing a language besides your own is absolutely necessary even more when you are a journalism student and have to communicate with people. Also, I think that there are some subjects that are not focused on journalism as I would like, and I don´t really like that. 

On the other hand, since we are facing a global pandemic it´s hard to get used to the idea of having online class, so the teaching methods are really limited, still there some teachers who come up with some new ideas to try to make a little difference, which is something I really appreciate.

The same thing happens when it comes to infrastructure and building, I know the university has try to give an answer about the face-to-face classes, still, I think it hasn´t been enough, and the infrastructure is an unresolved problem.

Finally, I would like to emphasize about the workload that is also related to mental health, specially in pandemic. There are some subjects that require more time and attention, and I know that there are some teachers that pay attention to the workload and try not to overload their students, however, there are many times where it is impossible not to collapse due to lack of time, exhaustion, or mental illness. That´s why I consider that the workload should be reasonable and controlled, especially considering the consequences on mental health.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

POST 8: English Language Challenges

A person I would like to meet

POST 5: My future job